Monday, January 18, 2010

Eyes of Fire, the book

I've spent most of the last ten days preparing my manuscript on Thomas Paine for publishing. It's an updated version of a screenplay I wrote in 2003 that I found quite interesting when I re-read it last year. The original version got lost in detail and failed as a dramatic piece, though it still made the quarterfinals of the Austin Film Festival Screenplay Competition that year. A friend who read it said it would be suitable for the History Channel, and I had to agree. The version I'm publishing in book form has, I hope, the right amount of history to make Paine's enormous contributions to American independence intelligible. The book should be available on Amazon later this month or in early February. I call it:
EYES OF FIRE - THOMAS PAINE AND THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION

No comments:

An early George Gershwin song from the musical "Miss 1917"

  Today, February 12,2024, marks the 100th anniversary of the debut of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" in Aeolian Hall in...