Sunday, January 28, 2007

The real-life Preston


The hero of the novel I'm writing is Preston Mathews, who is completely fictional. His first name, however, is borrowed from someone quite real, my two-year-old (almost) grandson. Recently his mom, one of my daughters, was having fun with him and the iMac's Photo Booth application. I've been pretty good about not flooding this blog with pictures of him, but I wanted to include this.

My novel hammers at the Giant Con of central banking and fiat money. It would be great if future generations lived under monetary freedom. For me, using Preston's name keeps that goal in mind.

On a completely unrelated note, switched from DSL to cable yesterday, using a Motorolla Surfboard purchased at Wal-Mart. I'm not in the least sophisticated about networking, but so far it seems happy working with Airport.

No comments:

An early George Gershwin song from the musical "Miss 1917"

  Today, February 12,2024, marks the 100th anniversary of the debut of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" in Aeolian Hall in...